Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Cellulite
Labels: Beauty Tips
Hormonal changes, smoking, stress, pregnancy, obesity, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, dehydration and genetics are some common causes behind cellulite. However, you need to get rid of cellulite as soon as it appears because it tends to get worse with age. Let's have a look on some natural home remedies to get rid of cellulite.
1. Apple Cider VinegarApple cider vinegar is considered very effective in getting rid of cellulite. It helps in flushing out toxins from body and also helps a lot n reducing excess weight. Weight reduction means fat loss and less fat means fewer cellulite pockets.
To reduce cellulite mix one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water and add some honey. Mix them well and rub the solution on the affected areas. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash off with lukewarm water. For best results repeat this on a daily basis.
2. Coffee Grounds ScrubCoarse coffee grounds is an excellent exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells and regenerates new and healthy cells. Mix together 3 tablespoons of coffee grounds, two tablespoons of sugar and one tablespoons of melted coconut oil to form a paste. Apply this combination on affected areas and massage the affected skin with it for few minutes using firm pressure. Finally, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
3. Dry BrushingDry brushing is one of the simplest ways but excellent way to reduce cellulite. As we know that poor blood circulation is one of the main reason for cellulite but dry brushing not only improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage but also removes the build-up of toxins from the upper skin layer, which in turn reduces the appearance of cellulite. Besides reducing cellulite, dry brushing also promotes skin firmness, smoothness and cell renewal. For dry brushing, use a brush made from natural and semi-firm bristles and use this brush on your dry skin, just before taking a shower. Gently brush from your feet up to your shoulders and focusing more on areas with the most cellulite. While dry brushing, don't be too hard and don't brush for more than 5 minutes. Finally take a shower and wash away the dead skin cells. Now pat dry your skin with a soft towel and moisturize your body with coconut oil. For best results repeat this process on a daily basis.
4. Ginkgo Biloba TeaTea made from Ginkgo Biloba plant is very helpful in encouraging good blood circulation. Good circulation is vital for healthy and uniform skin texture. Good blood circulation is also important for transfer of stored fat from cellulite to muscle tissue, enabling it to be burned and used as energy. In Addition, Antioxidants like those found in ginkgo fight off skin damaging free radicals, and stop them from damaging DNA and other cells.
5. Green TeaGreen tea is very beneficial to enhance your metabolism and helps you burn fat by stopping the production of fat-absorbing enzymes. Drinking two to three cups a day could increase energy expenditure and help you to burn extra calories in the next 24 hours. Replacing your morning tea with green tea will be very helpful in burning fat as well as in reducing cellulite.
6. Green Clay, SeaweedA mixture of green clay and seaweed stimulates blood and lymph circulation, which in turn reduces the appearance of cellulite. In Addition, this mixture absorbs impurities and fats, removes dead skin cells and strengthen connective tissues. Mix together 4 tablespoons of green clay and 4 tablespoons of seaweed and add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 tablespoons of hot water and one tablespoon of organic honey to form a thick and smooth paste. Mix them well and massage this mixture onto the affected area using circular motions, and then cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it on for about half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water. For best results repeat this for twice a week.
7. Juniper Oil, Olive OilA mixture of Juniper oil and olive oil is very helpful in reducing cellulite. Mix 1 teaspoon of juniper oil in one-fourth cup of olive oil. Massage the mixture on the affected areas, in circular motions for 10-15 minutes. For best results, repeat this massage on a daily basis and after few days you will notice your skin is softer and firmer.
8. Salmon, Omega-3 fatty acidsSalmon contains good amount of omega-3 fatty acids which are required by the body for smooth skin and tissue. One of the reasons there is cellulite is due to poor blood circulation but Omega-3 Fatty acids promote healthy blood circulation and hence help a lot in reducing the appearance of cellulite. If you load up on foods with Omega-3 fatty acids, you can get rid of cellulite. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce appetite and also help to repair and strengthen skin tissues. Salmon is also rich in antioxidants, which break down fat cells in cellulite. Try to eat 4-5 servings of salmon every week. To enhance cellulite reduction, try to eat baked or roasted salmon dishes and avoid the deep-fried versions.
9. Tomatoes, Tomato PasteTomatoes are very beneficial in getting rid of cellulite because they contain a good amount of lycopene, which can prevent the breakdown of collagen in the skin. Tomato paste or ketchup contains high levels of lycopene even more than what you normally get by eating a fresh or raw tomato. Lycopene can help strengthen the skin by preventing the breakdown of collagen and helps a lot to preserve and maintain the structure of skin. Collagen acts as a barrier in the skin, stopping the fat cells below from reaching the top layer where they cause cellulite.
Tomatoes are also rich in vitamin C, which helps to keep the skin firm by aiding collagen production. Lycopene and other powerful antioxidants found in tomatoes are known to help smooth cellulite and also reduces the appearance of other skin problems like lumps and bumps.