Iron Building Syrups are rich in vitamins and minerals, especially iron. These syrups helps build up iron in the blood with natural ingredients that are more absorbable by your body than synthetic iron pills, which can cause constipation. These syrup are great for women, as they are cyclically building and shedding their blood, and especially helpful for vegetarian ones and others who may tend to get anemic! Pregnant women need to consume nearly twice as much iron as their non-gravid sisters, and this sends many women after this lovely and mysterious elixir.
You should take anyone of these syrups throughout the month or during and after your period to build up nutrients that are lost with your flow. In order for your blood count to be better, consume anyone of the following syrups twice a year. You should get from a liter to two liters of these syrups, which is a sufficient amount for 15 to 20 days. Drink this syrup every morning on an empty stomach, until you run out of it.
The following ‘Blood Building Syrups’ are an excellent preparation to help build up the blood in anemia, infertility, exhaustion, and immunodeficiency, or when recovering from chronic disease, medical treatments (e.g. chemotherapy) or surgery.
1. Tomatoes-Raisins-Ginger-Jaggery Syrup
- 4 kg --- Tomatoes
- 1kg --- White Vinegar
- 2kg --- Jaggery
- 500 gm --- Raisins
- 100 gm --- Ginger
- 1 tsp --- Rock Salt
- 1 tsp --- Black Pepper
- Cut ripe Tomatoes in four pieces and put in a clay pot add ½ litre water now boil until fully cooked. Remove from heat strain and set aside.
- Take another clay pot add White Vinegar, Jaggery, Raisins, Tomatoes and thinly sliced Ginger mix well now put the pot on fire and cook until dense.
- At the end mix Rock Salt and Black Pepper powders to taste and let the syrup cool. Put the resulting mixture into glass bottles and store in the fridge.
- Take 2 tablespoons along with water after 15 minutes of each meal. This is a highly beneficial and trial prescription to improve digestion and also useful for liver and heart.
2. Pomegranate-Lemon-Apple-Carrot Syrup
- 200 ml --- Pomegranate juice
- 100 ml --- Apple Juice
- 100 ml --- Carrot Juice
- 100 ml --- Lemon Juice
- 70 gm --- Fresh Organic Honey
- Mix well all freshly squeezed juices and honey.
- Place it into refrigerator in corked ware.
- Take 2 tablespoons three times a day. Before use it is necessary to warm up a little.
- It is highly beneficial in dealing with iron deficiency anemia.
3. Beetroot-Carrot-Apple-Lemon Syrup
- 1 kg --- Beetroots
- 1 kg --- Carrots
- 1 kg --- Apples
- 2 --- Lemons
- 2 --- Oranges
- 250 gm --- Organic Honey
- Squeeze the juices out of beetroots, carrots and apples.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and oranges by hand and add it to the previous juice-mixture.
- Finally, add the organic honey until you get homogeneous mixture. Put the resulting mixture into glass bottles and store in the refrigerator
- You should get about 2 liters of liquid. Drink 1.5 oz / 50 grams of the mixture every morning on an empty stomach.
4. Blood Orange Syrup
- 1 cup --- Sugar
- 1 cup --- Water
- 4 Blood Oranges --- Juice and Zest
- Bring above ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- As soon as the mixture begins to dense, immediately remove from heat; let cool completely. Strain syrup into an airtight glass container.
- Take 2 tablespoons three times a day is a valuable cure for anemia, being rich in iron.
5. Carrot-Beetroot-Lemon- Raisins-Honey Syrup
- 200 ml --- Carrot juice
- 200 ml --- Beet root juice
- 2-3 tbs --- Lemon juice
- 200 ml --- Organic Honey
- 200 gm --- Raisins
- Mix together honey, lemon juice, beetroot juice and carrot juice in a bowl.
- Then into the mixture, add raisins and mix again.
- You get liter jar, very tasty and healing mixture. Store in the refrigerator.
- Take 3 times a day one tablespoon before each meal.
6. Dandelion-Burdock root-Yellow dock-Nettle-Raspberry Syrup
- 115 gm --- Dandelion leaf
- 115 gm --- Dandelion root
- 115 gm --- Burdock root
- 115 gm --- Yellow dock
- 115 gm --- Nettle leaf
- 115 gm --- Raspberry leaf
- 14 cups ---Water
- 3-4 cups --- Organic Honey
- 8 tbs --- Black strap Molasses
- Bring your water to a boil, add your herbs, and turn down to a medium-low simmer.
- Simmer this brew down to 7 cups. Strain the herbs from the liquid. Pour the liquid back into the pot. Remove from heat. Let the liquid cool.
- Blend together: 3-4 cups fresh Organic Honey with 8 tablespoons fair-trade black strap Molasses.
- Once cooled, to add more medicinal properties and help preserve your syrup, you can add: 4 ounces brandy or tincture of any of the above herbs
- If you aren’t pregnant and are just taking this for the iron, you can add a dash of brandy to preserve it.
- Stir or shake to mix the molasses, honey, and decoction, and then pop it in the fridge.
- Your syrup is all made! Bottle, seal, label and store in the refrigerator. Take 2-6 tablespoons daily.
7. Ginger-Fennel-Astragalus-Dandelion-Burdock root Syrup
- 4 oz --- Burdock root
- 4 oz --- Dandelion root
- 4 oz --- Astragalus root
- ½ tsp --- Fennel seeds
- ½ tsp --- Ginger
- 2 cups ---Water
- ½ cup --- Organic Honey
- Add the burdock, dandelion and astragalus roots to 2 cups of water in a saucepan with lid. Simmer on low for 1-2 hours. A nice long and steady decoction is needed. Add the fennel and ginger for the last 20 minutes of decoction only.
- Strain the herbs until remain1 cup of liquid at this point. Now put the spent roots through juicer and add that extra few tablespoons of sediment-heavy liquid to the decoction. This step is very important, but not absolutely essential.
- Let it cool just a bit, and then add ½ cup or less raw honey. Bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Enjoy liberally!
- Take a tablespoon a few times a day, but especially at night. The flavor is earthy and sweet and pleasing to almost anyone's palate.