What is Anemia?Anemia occurs when your blood has a lower than normal number of red blood cells or if your red blood cells don’t have enough hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein that gives your blood its red color and helps those cells bring oxygen from your lungs to the rest of your body. If you have anemia, less oxygen is delivered to the body and as a result your organs and tissues cannot function at optimal level. Very often you will feel tired, fatigued, have low energy levels and a weak immune system.
As the role of hemoglobin is very important for leading a healthy life, it is necessary to maintain it in normal levels in your blood, which is:
- 14 to 18 mg/dl for adult men, and
- 12 to 16 mg/dl for adult women
Anemia is not a disease, it’s good news. But, anemia can be an indication of some critical diseases and that’s a very bad news. So, you want to test first along with your physician and make sure which you don’t have hemolytic anemia, sickle cell anemia or sideroblastic anemia. These types of anemia occur due to malfunctioning of your body which can be treated through proper medical intervention only.
If everything is all right but you are still diagnosed with anemia, it is due to nutritional deficiency. You suffer from deficiency of iron, vitamin B 12 or folic acid. You should keep in mind that your red blood cells count has long gone really low and they couldn’t now deliver enough oxygen to your body parts. Your hemoglobin, which incorporates oxygen to your diverse body parts, might also have decreased to such levels that will pose threat to your health. For this reason, you need to deliver essential vitamins and minerals to your body so to deal with this dietary deficiency anemia.
Symptoms of anemia:Anemia is a common blood disorder and symptoms may range from mild to severe. It tends to affect women who are pregnant or experience heavy menstrual cycles as well as people with chronic diseases. Severe or unabated anemia can damage your heart, brain and other organs in your body — and may even cause death.
Anemia signs and symptoms vary depending on the cause of your anemia. They may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Light headedness
- Looking pale
Symptoms of severe anemia may include:
- Chest pain, Angina, or Heart attack
- Fainting or passing out
- Rapid heart rate
- Gastrointestinal ulcers or cancers such as cancer of the colon may slowly ooze blood and can also cause anemia.
- Loss of blood through heavy menstrual bleeding or, wounds can cause anemia.
- If iron intake is limited or inadequate due to poor dietary intake, anemia may occur as a result. This is called iron deficiency anemia.
- Poor nutrition and deficiencies of vitamins and minerals are associated with alcoholism. Alcohol itself may also be toxic to the bone marrow and may slow down the red blood cell production. The combination of these factors may lead to anemia in alcoholics.
- Many common medications can occasionally cause anemia as a side effect in some individuals.
- Any long-term medical condition can lead to anemia.
- Anemia may be related to diseases involving the bone marrow.
1. Carrot, Apple, Amla, Black Myrobalan Murabbas, Almond, Edible Silver leafTake each of 250 grams Carrot, Apple, Emblica goose berry (Amla),Chebulic Myrobalan (Choti Harar) Murabbas remove from sugar syrup and crush them. Now grind 250 grams Almond kernels and 72 Edible Silver leaf (chandi k warq) to mix with crushed Murabbas. Refrigerate this mixture adult should be given 1 tsp and children ½ tsp along with a cup of lukewarm milk before going to sleep. This natural remedy is guaranteed to work.
2. Jujube, Globe thistle, Indian rennetSoak in a glass of water 5 Jujube (Unab) 5 Globe thistle (Gul mundi) flowers and 5 Indian rennet (Paneer Doda/ Gulay Paneer) flowers over night next morning boil for 5 minutes strain and drink on an empty stomach. Do it for one month continually. This is the most effective and magical remedy to Increase Red Blood Cells very rapidly.
3. Black Raisins, Aqueous distillate of RoseSoak 21 Black Raisins (Kali Kishmish) in a cup or sufficient quantity of Aqueous distillate of Rose (Arq Gulab) next morning eat all Raisins and drink Aqueous distillate of Rose on an empty stomach, do it for one week continually. It is the most effective and natural way to improve HB level without any side effects.
4. Carrot juice, Boiling milkTake a half-glass of fresh Carrot juice and mix with half a glass of boiling milk, drink in the morning on an empty stomach. This is an ideal and natural treatment to Increase Hemoglobin Level fast.
5. Apricots, Dates, Honey, WaterBlend 4 Apricots, 4 Dates and 2 tbs Organic Honey in a glass of plain water until smooth. Drink daily whenever fresh fruits are not available, dried Apricots and Dates can be used. Soak in water for overnight or soak in the morning to drink in the evening. This is a 99% trial and tested natural remedy for Anemia.
6. Nigella seeds oil, MintTake a branch of mint (Pudina), mix with water, boil it and make a cup of tea and add ½ teaspoon of Nigella seeds (kalonji) oil and use this mixture twice a day (once in the morning and at evening). Treatment may continue for 21 days. This would help cure Anemia due to Ulcer in the Intestine.
7. Almonds, Dates, Honey, MilkSoak 10 Almonds (Badam) in water overnight next morning peel now add 2 Dates palm 1 glass milk and 1 tablespoon honey in a shaker to prepare a shake. Drinking this shake is very helpful in increasing blood level and curing Anemia.
8. Dried Figs, MilkSoak 2 or 3 dried figs (anjeer) in a cup of milk overnight. Eat them along with milk next morning for a month. This natural remedy is highly effective for treating iron deficiency anemia.
9. Black Sesame, Honey, MilkSoak 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds in 10 oz of hot milk for 2 hours. Blend it to make a shake. Add honey to taste and mix well. Having this sesame flavored milkshake daily helps in improving blood level and curing Anemia.
10. Onion juice, Aloe vera juiceMix one part of onions juice and three parts of aloe vera juice (century plant). Store medicine in refrigerator; take it for 2-3 times a day with tablespoons. It is possible to increase hemoglobin. It is highly beneficial in dealing with iron deficiency anemia.
11. Marshmallow roots, Sheep milkTake 100 grams of dry roots or fruits of plant and grind into fine powder now stir in a glass of fresh sheep milk and add Honey to taste. Take a ½ teaspoon of the mixture once a day. This is an excellent remedy for curing anemia.
12. Golden shower plant flowers, HoneyMix 1tbs golden shower plant flowers paste and 1 tsp honey. If consumed regularly anemia will cure completely.
13. Fresh Organic HoneyHoney is an excellent medicine to cure Anemia. Eating a teaspoon of Honey or taking 1tbs Honey with a cup of lukewarm milk twice a day will increase hemoglobin level as well as purify the blood.
14. Heart Leaved Moon Seed Plant JuiceTaking 2 tbs fresh juice of Heart Leaved Moon Seed (Giloy/ Gurch) whole plant regenerates Red Blood Cells within a month.
15. Butter milk, Prickly Chaff Flower root extractMix 10 gm Prickly Chaff Flower (Chirchita/Puthakanda buti) root extract in a cup of cow's butter milk and consume once a day. Anemia is eliminated. Digestive system improves, blood increases, skin glows. Avoid food items causing excess heat.
16. Gooseberry juice, Honey, Lime juiceMix each of 2 teaspoons gooseberry juice Honey and Lime juice in a cup water and drink on an empty stomach every morning. Whenever fresh fruits are not available, dried gooseberry (amla) can be used. Soak 1 tablespoon dried amla overnight in a cup of water. The treatment should continue for at least 120 days to achieve expected results.
17. Ripe Banana, HoneyMix 2 tablespoons honey with one ripe mashed banana and eat once a day. Consuming for 21 days is an excellent remedy for Anemia.
18. Gooseberry juice, Ripe BananaMix 1 tablespoon juice of amla with a ripe mashed banana and eat twice or thrice a day. Eating a Gooseberry (Amla) everyday also helps in improving in blood and curing Anemia as it is a good source of vitamin C.
19. Prickly Chaff Flower Leaves & Roots, Sugar candyMake a fine powder 50 gm Prickly Chaff Flower (Chirchita/Puthkanda buti) leaves and 50 gm its roots. Add 50 gm candy sugar powder and store. Take ½ along with water one hour before each meal. Uterus gets cleaned, periods get regularized, new blood is generated, and skin glows, in addition to many other benefits.
20. Stinging Nettle TeaNettle is an herb that can play a key role in raising your hemoglobin level. It is a good source of iron, B vitamins, vitamin C and other vitamins that can help increase hemoglobin.
Add 1 teaspoon of dried nettle leaves into ½ cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for 10 minutes. Strain, and then add one teaspoon honey. Drink this three times per day better for half an hour before meals.
Also juice of young leaves and flowers of nettle helps. They are passed via the meat grinder; juice is pressed out through gauze. Drink one tablespoon of juice three times a day. It is admitted to store it in refrigerator about three days.
21. Lemon Juice, Aloe vera Juice, HoneyPass one lemon and five large leaves of century plant kept for three days in the freezer through meat grinder. Mix this mass with a glass of liquid honey. Three times a day take one tablespoon within one-three months it improve HB level.
22. Indian pennywort extractConsuming 1 tsp Indian pennywort (Brahmi/Barhami Buti) plant extract juice twice a day is highly beneficial in dealing with Anemia.
23. Turmeric juice, HoneyMixture of 1 tsp fresh turmeric juice and 1 tsp honey can be used beneficially in the treatment of anemia.
24. Turkey berry, Cow‘s gheeFry 4-5 Turkey berry in Cow‘s ghee (clarified butter) and make a fine a powder take ¼ tsp thrice a day. This natural remedy is highly effective for treating Anemia.
25. Wheat grass juiceDrink ½ glass wheat grass juice or take 1 tsp powder with water. This natural remedy works very quickly in the treatment of Anemia.
26. Alfalfa TeaConsume 2 tbs Alfa sprouted in sald or add 2tsp seeds in a cup of water simmer 15-20 strain and drink for one month. This is a highly beneficial and trial treatise for Anemia.
27. Malabar nut leaves DecoctionPrepare Malabar nut leaves decoction adds 5 g Honey and drinks 20 ml twice a day. This is a highly beneficial and trial prescription for Anemia.
28. Red Raspberry leaf TeaPour 8 ounces of boiling water over 1 teaspoon-1 tablespoon of Raspberry Leaf. Steep, covered for at least 5 minutes and drink as regular tea.
Like the raspberry fruit, raspberry leaf tea contains a lot of vitamin C, E, A, B, manganese, magnesium, and many minerals including phosphorous and potassium. The high rate in iron which may help prevent anemia due to heavy menstrual bleeding.
29. Turmeric powder, YoghurtMix 1 tsp turmeric powder in a cup of fresh organic yoghurt eats on an empty stomach and before lunch and dinner. This natural remedy is highly beneficial in dealing with Anemia.
30. Chicory roots, Celery, Parsley saladTake each of 5 g chicory roots, celery and parsley mix them add in your daily diet. This is another instant and effective natural remedy to get rid of Anemia.
31. Drumstick leaf juice, Honey, Lemon juiceMix 1 cup Drumstick leaf juice, 1 tbs honey and lemon juice 1tsp to drink. This natural remedy works very quickly in the treatment of Anemia.
32. Blackberry juiceDrinking 5ml Black mulberry/Black berry juice daily is a highly beneficial and trial treatment of Anemia.
33. Cherry juiceConsuming 8-10 cherries or a glass of fresh cherry juice daily is a valuable cure for anemia.
34. JaggeryAs Jaggery (Gur) is a good source of iron consume it more instead of sugar which definitely cures Anemia.
35. Dog rose TeaDog rose also helps well at anemia. 5 tablespoons of dried crushed fruits fill in with liter of water in the enameled ware, boil 10 minutes on weak fire. Then the pan is wrapped up and left for night. Drink medicine like tea at any time.
5 Tips to Prevent Anemia:There are certain things that you can do to prevent an iron deficiency and these include:
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages such as coffee or tea as they make it harder for the body to absorb iron
- Eat foods that are rich in iron such as lean red meat, fish, oysters, cereals, bread, pasta, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, lentils, beans and dark green vegetables such as spinach
- Incorporate fruits and vegetables that contain vitamin C such as Citrus fruit juices into your diet
- Increase your intake of iron supplements such as folic acid and vitamin B12 if you are pregnant, have a heavy menstrual cycle, or if you are a vegetarian or vegan
- Get enough sleep and rest as possible to combat fatigue